Los Altos drug rehab for in-patient and out-patient drug detox and alcohol treatment. Addiction and chemical dependency rehab program close to Los Altos CA. Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation practices used in our California rehab and detox centers near Los Altos. Programs for drug and alcohol abuse that offer inpatient and outpatient recovery for addiction are detailed as well as the features and disadvantages of both. Many medical insurance providers will cover alcohol and drug rehab. Give us a call to find out which options are available to you.
- Substance Abuse Treatment in Los Altos
- What is the Dual Diagnosis and Addiction?
- What Is Psychological Dependence?
- How To Get Help
Substance Abuse Treatment in Los Altos
In Patient Treatment
Our Residential Addiction Treatment also includes family therapy meetings, to encourage you work through the troubles often caused by addiction. We also have an in-depth educational program to help prepare for a healthy, clean, and sober future. You can also understand how to cope with difficult circumstances in the real world. Lastly, our treatment involves team building and recreational activities to help you improve your social relationships.
When you participate in our group by committing to our Los Altos In Patient Rehab Treatment center, you enjoy a wide range of recovery services. Our primary concern is Withdrawal Management. After that we begin administer your customized treatment using a range of evidence-based solutions, including:
- Inspirational Interviewing
- Commitment Therapy and Acknowledgment
- Cognitive Behavior Modification
- Dialectical Behavior Modification
- 12 Step Integration
- Medication-Assisted Remedies
Our intensive, customized outpatient drug and alcohol rehab program in Los Altos works under the same evidence-based, 12 Step principles and methods as our residential rehab programs, which means your comprehensive care includes cognitive, social, alcohol and other substance abuse evaluations, a personalized addiction treatment plan and continuing care guidance. Our out patient rehab is an excellent rehab method if you:
- Are changing out of inpatient treatment
- Have gone through a relapse
- Starting recovery for the first time
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Day treatment, also known as PHP includes the option of onsite accommodations at our clinically supervised sober living location. Day treatment is an especially beneficial rehab solution if you:
- If you are currently going through a relapse
- Have attempted several previous attempts at drug rehab
- Are fighting with a co-occurring psychological health issue such as clinical depression or anxiety
- Would benefit from a designed recovery support environment once you have completed residential rehab
For individuals who have a co-occurring mental health issue, we offer expert mental health support services. Our specialists are experienced in evidence-based treatment approaches like cognitive-behavioral treatment, dialectical behavioral therapy and acknowledgment and dedication therapy. We also offer gender-specific recovery programs at some of our treatment centers.
Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings and NA Meetings in Los Altos
- Alcoholics Anonymous (commonly known as AA) is probably the most widely known treatment connected to defeating an addiction or chemical dependency. For many years, AA meetings have supported countless individuals triumph over their addiction to alcohol and start (or continue) their pursuit of lifetime recovery.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – There is not a concentration on one certain substance. Instead, the objective of NA is to discuss the pains and triumphs that follow addiction and recovery.
NA is a 12 step plan similar to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and it shares many of the same ideas, techniques, and philosophies. The intention of NA is to cultivate a community where addicts help each other on the path to rehabilitation. Meetings are comprised of people of every demographic and at different levels of recovery, from several years to just a couple days of being clean.
What is the Dual Diagnosis and Addiction?
Many individuals suffering from a substance use disorder (SUD) also live with a co-occurring cognitive health or behavioral health. This is referred to as a dual diagnosis. People with a dual diagnosis require an integrated treatment program that focuses on both ailments as linked mental health issues.
Prevalent mental health disorders linked to drug abuse include the list below:
- ADHD – Many people are prescribed stimulants to treat their ADHD, which may be addictive and create a toxic habit of chemical abuse.
Depression – Numerous individuals identified as having depression try to self-medicate with drugs or alcohol. This frequently makes the problem worse. The come-down after the high can be terrible for those with a pre-existing depressive disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder – Nearly fifty percent of people with bipolar disorder also battle with addiction. As with any other disorder, it can be attractive to self-medicate. Drugs and alcohol provide a moment of temporary relief from emotional situations and manic instances for individuals with bipolar.
- PTSD – When a person develops post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) their brain generates fewer endorphins than a normal brain, making them more likely to turn to alcohol or drugs to be happy.
- Borderline Personality Disorder – Studies have suggested that dependency and borderline personality disorder
- (BPD) oftentimes manifest together. Over two-thirds of individuals with BPD have turned toward drug abuse at some point in their lives.
- OCD – Persons with OCD commonly suffer from anxiety and depression as a result of their compulsory tendencies, which can bring about drug abuse.
- Eating Disorder – Eating disorders often derive from strong perceptions of inferiority. Substances that eliminate food cravings are especially common among people dealing with these disorders.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – The most typical mental condition in the U.S., generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) impacts eighteen percent of adults. Persons who deal with GAD might be more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol to control their issues. Individuals may also abuse benzodiazepines, which are highly addictive pharmaceutical pills prescribed to treat anxiety disorders.
- Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia is identified by hallucinations and delusional thinking. Identifying schizophrenia alongside an addiction can be puzzling because both issues share similar effects.
What Is Psychological Dependence?
Most professionals or materials that talk about psychological dependence are referring to the cognitive and emotional aspects of addictive actions or the withdrawal process from narcotics or alcohol in contrast to trying to categorize specific drugs or activities as being mentally addictive or physically addictive. The symptoms associated with the psychological components of addictive behaviors or with psychological addiction are generally listed as:
- Strong drug cravings
- Troubles with anxiety that happen when someone makes an effort to eliminate their addictive actions
- Problems with depression when one is not using their drug of choice or makes an effort to end their addictive behavior
- Frustration and restlessness that happen when an individual is not using their preferred drug or attempting to kick the habit
- Any other problems with mood fluctuations that arise when one is not using their drug of choice or attempting to stop
- Decreased appetite or increased appetite accompanied by not using the preferred drug
How To Get Help
What Drugs are treated at Los Altos CA Detox?
- Stimulants – Cocaine, Crack, Speed, Methamphetamine, Adderall
- Opioids – Oxycodone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Hydrocodone, Morphine
- Hallucinogens – LSD, PCP, Mushrooms
Drug Treatment Centers Near Los Altos
Business Results 1 - 3 of 49
Business Results 1 - 3 of 17
More Info About Los Altos CA
Los Altos, California
Los Altos (/lɔːs ˈæltoʊs/ (listen)) is a city in Santa Clara County, California, in northern Silicon Valley, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Los Altos means "the heights" in Spanish. The population was 28,976 according to the 2010 census.
Most of the city's growth occurred between 1950 and 1980. Originally an agricultural town with many summer cottages and apricot orchards, Los Altos is now a town in Silicon Valley. Los Altos has commercial zones, strictly limited to the downtown area, as well as small shopping and office parks lining Foothill Expressway and El Camino Real.