Los Altos Hills drug rehab for in-patient and out-patient drug detox and alcohol treatment. Addiction and chemical dependency rehab program close to Los Altos Hills CA. Alcohol And Drug Rehabilitation practices used in our California rehab and detox centers near Los Altos Hills. Programs for drug and alcohol abuse that offer inpatient and outpatient recovery for addiction are discussed as well as the features and disadvantages of both. Many health plan providers will cover alcohol and drug rehab. Call us to find out which options are available to you.
- Types of Addiction Treatment in Los Altos Hills
- Dual Diagnosis and Addiction
- Drug and Psychological Dependence
- How To Get Help
Types of Addiction Treatment in Los Altos Hills
In Patient Treatment
Our Residential Addiction Treatment also includes family counseling sessions, to assist you overcome the troubles often brought on by addiction. We also have an in-depth curriculum to help plan for a sober, clean, healthy future. You can also understand how to work with difficult scenarios in the real world. Lastly, our treatment integrates team building and entertaining activities to help you improve your interpersonal relationships.
When you participate in our group by registering for our Los Altos Hills In Patient Rehab Treatment facility, you have access to a number of recovery services. Our number one priority is Withdrawal Management. After that we start delivering your individualized treatment using a number of evidence-based methods, such as:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Modification
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- 12 Step Integration
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
Our intensive, personalized outpatient drug and alcohol rehab treatment in Los Altos Hills operates under the same evidence-based, Twelve Step fundamentals and practices as our in-patient treatment programs, which means your in-depth care includes mental, social, alcohol and other drug use assessments, a customized addiction treatment plan and continuing service recommendations. Our IOP is an effective treatment approach if you:
- Are shifting out of inpatient treatment
- Have suffered a relapse
- Just starting recovery
Partial Hospitalization Program
Day treatment, also known as partial hospitalization includes the option of onsite housing at our medically supervised sober living center. Day treatment is an particularly successful rehab approach if you:
- If you are currently going through a relapse
- Have attempted more than one past attempts at treatment
- Are battling with a co-occurring psychological health issue such as depression or anxiety
- Would gain from a organized recovery assistance community after residential rehab
For patients who have a co-occurring mental health issue, we provide expert mental health services. Our medical professionals are well-versed in evidence-based treatment approaches such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy and acknowledgment and decision therapy. We also offer gender-specific recovery programs at some of our treatment centers.
AA Meetings and NA Meetings in Los Altos Hills
- Alcoholics Anonymous (commonly known as AA) is arguably the most well-known treatment connected to defeating an addiction or chemical dependency. For decades, AA meetings have supported countless women and men overcome their dependence upon alcohol and start (or continue) their search of lifetime recovery.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – There is not a concentration on one certain substance. Instead, the goal of NA is to discuss the trials and victories that accompany drug addiction and recovery.
NA is a 12 step plan very close to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and it provides many of the same fundamentals, techniques, and theories. The objective of NA is to cultivate a community where substance abusers support one another on the path to healing. Sessions are comprised of people of virtually every demographic and at various degrees of recovery, from several years to just a couple days of being clean.
Dual Diagnosis and Addiction
Many people diagnosed with a substance use disorder (SUD) also live with a co-occurring mental health or behavioral disorder. This is referred to as a dual diagnosis. People with a dual diagnosis require an integrated recovery program that attends to the two ailments as linked mental health issues.
Common mental health disorders connected to drug and alcohol abuse include the disorders below:
- ADHD – Many people are prescribed stimulants to treat their ADHD, which may be habit-forming and lead to a toxic habit of chemical abuse.
Depression – Numerous individuals identified as having depression try to self-medicate with illegal drugs or alcohol. This often makes the problem worse. The crash after the high can be terrible for those with a pre-existing depressive disorder.
- Bipolar Disorder – About fifty percent of people with bipolar disorder also battle with addiction. As with any other mental health disorder, it can be attractive to self-medicate. Alcohol and drugs offer a moment of temporary relief from emotional situations and manic instances for individuals with bipolar.
- PTSD – When a person develops post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) their brain manufactures less endorphins than a normal brain, making them more likely to turn toward alcohol or drugs to feel happy.
- Borderline Personality Disorder – Research studies have discovered that dependency and borderline personality disorder
- (BPD) in many cases develop together. More than two-thirds of individuals with BPD have turned toward substance abuse at some point in their lives.
- OCD – People with OCD often experience anxiety and depression as a result of their compulsory behavior, which can lead to drugs or alcohol.
- Eating Disorder – Eating disorders often derive from intense perceptions of inferiority. Stimulants that suppress hunger are especially prevalent among people struggling with these disorders.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – The most typical mental disorder in the U.S., generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) impacts eighteen percent of adults. Those who deal with GAD may be more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol to deal with their issues. People may also abuse benzodiazepines, which are extremely addictive pharmaceutical drugs prescribed to address anxiety problems.
- Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia is identified by hallucinations and delusional thoughts. Diagnosing schizophrenia side by side an addiction can be tough because both conditions create similar behavior.
Drug and Psychological Dependence
Most professionals or references that talk about mental addiction are referring to the cognitive and emotional components of addictive actions or the withdrawal period from substances or alcohol in contrast to attempting to group particular drugs or activities as being mentally addictive or physically addictive. The symptoms associated with the psychological aspects of addictive behaviors or with psychological dependence are typically described as:
- Strong drug cravings
- Troubles with anxiety that occur when someone makes an effort to quit their addictive actions
- Issues with depression when an individual is not using their drug of choice or makes an effort to stop their addictive behavior
- Anger and uneasiness that happen when a person is not using their favorite drug or making an effort to kick the habit
- Any other problems with mood fluctuations that manifest when one is not using their drug of choice or attempting to stop
- Appetite loss or increased appetite connected with not using the substance of choice
How To Get Help
What Substances are treated at Los Altos Hills CA Detox?
- Stimulants – Methamphetamine, Speed, Adderall, Cocaine, Crack
- Opioids – Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Morphine, Oxycodone
- Hallucinogens – LSD, PCP
Drug Treatment Centers Near Los Altos Hills
Business Results 1 - 3 of 49
Business Results 1 - 3 of 17
More Info About Los Altos Hills CA
Los Altos Hills, California
The Los Altos Hills ZIP code 94022 appeared on the 2017 Forbes list of America's most expensive ZIP codes; 94022 was ranked the 3rd most expensive in the United States, with a median home price of $7,755,000. In 2019, a Bloomberg analysis ranked Los Altos Hills the fourth richest town in the United States.
Los Altos Hills has a ban on commercial zones, which was upheld by the California Court of Appeal (First District) in 1973. The town's two retail commercial operations are the book store on the campus of Foothill College and the gift shop on the grounds of the Immaculate Heart Monastery of the Poor Clare Colettines. The town does not have a post office or library, with mail delivery provided from nearby Los Altos.